Hello. I am HAL.
This is the Space Odyssey Policy page. This [wiki] is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it. Here are a few simple guidelines to follow. These guidelines are put in place to provide all users with a chance to have an enjoyable and comfortable experience while on the wiki. As a community based website the Space Odyssey Wiki is always open to change. If you wish to discuss any guidelines or suggest new ones, please do so on the discussion page of this project page.
I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do. Therefore, a few rules are listed below that will help with keeping the Space Odyssey Wiki a friendly and easy wiki for all to enjoy.
- Be kind and polite when it comes to posting and removing content from articles.
- Be kind and polite on talk pages.
- If you notice any vulgar or harassing text on ANY of the articles or talk pages, please let a Sysop know and it will taken care of accordingly.
- What if there is a conflict?
Look, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over. But, in the mean time please...
- If you feel that you are engaged in a conflict, let a Sysop know as soon as possible.
Talk page Policy
Please do not remove text from your talk pages, unless archiving. Although you took very thorough precautions [by removing notices] against my [being able to see] you, I could see your [edit history]. While your talk page is a great creative area on the wiki, the talk pages are also for keeping track of past conversations. Removing warnings about an incident will not make them go away or cause the issuers to forget them. If your talk page becomes too long and it takes too much time for your browser to load, please archive the talk page, and post a link at the top of your talk page.
I've just picked up a fault in the AE35 unit. It's going to go 100% failure in 72 hours if vandalism occurs on this wiki. Therefore, no form of vandalism will be tolerated on the Space Odyssey Wiki. The Space Odyssey Wiki is family-friendly, as much as I and SAL are.
- Vandalism—Just what do you think you're doing? Any edit that can be considered a "bad faith" edit on an actual article will be seen as vandalism. Text may be removed at any time by an administrator. Questionable edits should be reported to an administrator as soon as possible.
- If you notice ANYTHING that may seem to be a sign of vandalism, please let an administrator know as soon as possible. Removing content that has been added helps, but keep in mind that this may also lead to giving the vandal the attention they seek, if it keeps up send an administrator a message or even an email if they have the feature available to the community.
- When it comes to swear words, I'm afraid I can't do that. Swear words may be considered vandalism and text will be removed as necessary. A warning may also be issued.
SAL says Hello too.