World Space CentersEdit
- Washington, USA
- Moscow, Russia
- Canberra, Australia
A common theme in 2001 space exploration are joint world efforts. It is common to find space instruments design by American scientists, built by British engineers, and launched by Russian technicians. Any peculiar bursts of energy that disturb equipment instruments are all automatically reported back to memory stores on distant Earth.
- Space instruments listed in 2001 novel
- Deep Space Monitors (DSM)s
- Orbiter M 15, circles Mars twice a day.
- High Inclination Probe 21, climbes slowly above the plane of the ecliptic of Mars.
- Artificial Comet 5, heads out into the cold wastes beyond Pluto, along an orbit whose far point would not reach for a thousand years.